The Principal and Staff
Earl Haig Secondary School
the Pleasure of Your Presence
88th Commencement Ceremony
be held at the
Convocation Hall, University of Toronto
31 King's College Circle
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A1
June 28th, 2017
Grads arrive 11:30 am sharp at Morrison Hall at 75 St George St, University of Toronto
All graduating students must pick up their tickets during lunch
Tuesday, May 23th to Friday, May 26th in the main lobby.
A maximum of 2 tickets may be purchased for family members at $10 each.
Commencement Instructions for Grads
GRADS MEET AT: Morrison Hall at 75 St George St., Toronto at 11:30
Parents should go directly to Convocation Hall
- You need to arrive at 11:30! This is one hour before the ceremony starts.
- Go to Morrison Hall at 75 St George St enter and follow the signs which will take you to Howard Ferguson Dining Hall where you will get your gown and find your place in line.
- Have something to eat before you arrive as you will not have time to eat until after commencement.
- Do not bring any items with you as you will have anywhere to leave them.
- On your ticket is written the letter “G” and a hand written number. This indicates it’s a graduate ticket. The number written on your ticket is your order for placement in line to enter the hall.
- Follow the instructions given by the LC chaperones and stay in line and order. This is crucial to ensure alphabetical consistency.
- Graduates who do not arrive on time may have to sit in the audience and will not be able to enter the ceremony
- IMMEDIATELY AFTER COMMENCEMENT YOU WILL NEED TO RETURN YOUR GOWN. Collection will take place just outside Convocation Hall. DO NOT LEAVE WITH IT!!
To get to Morrison Hall at 75 St George St to find Howard Ferguson Dining Hall:
- Take the Subway south to Queens Park Station.
- Follow the map until you get to Morrison Hall at 75 St George St.